Islamic Marriage Ceremony
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. May Allah bless you and your family. Our Islamic Center staff and Imam are glad to be a part of this joyous occasion. We want to make sure this will be a successful event for you and your future spouse.
Please note the following guidelines to help make your ceremony run smoothly:A marriage ceremony (nikah) at Blackhall Mosque must also be a religious marriage (i.e. the legal equivalent of a civil marriage conducted by a registrar). Our imams are authorised to solemnise religious marriages, therefore it is not necessary to have a separate civil marriage. If the civil marriage has already taken place, please bring the marriage certificate on the day.
Step 1 – Marriage Ceremony Form
Complete the Marriage Ceremony Form and make a booking following the steps below:
- Please allow for up to 7 days notice.
- Please select the dropdown under select services for the appropriate service either Nikah at venue or mosque, Walima or event at mosque.
- Time Slots are based on availability of imams and also duration.
- If Nikah at Venue or Walima is selected then please add the address in the notes section once you selected a slot.
Step 2 – Marriage Notice Application Form
At least fourteen days (or 4-6 weeks if you have been married previously) before the marriage ceremony, both you and your fiancé(e) must independently submit a Marriage Notice Application Form in person or by post to the registration office.
The following documents provide further information:
Each Marriage Notice Application Form must be accompanied by the following documentation:
1. Birth certificate.
2. If you have been married before:
+ Evidence of divorce, dissolution or annulment of the previous marriage.
+ Death certificate for your former spouse.
3. If you are domiciled abroad, a certificate of no impediment stating that you are free to marry. Contact your country’s embassy/consulate for advice.
If any of these documents are in a language other than English, a certified translator can provide you with a translation into English.
You will have to specify the marriage ceremony date, mosque address and imam name (see Step 1). Once you submit the Marriage Notice Application Form, details of the marriage will be displayed at the registration office for fourteen clear days before the marriage ceremony. The registration office will give you a date on which to collect the Marriage Schedule, which must be collected by either you or your fiancé(e) in person.